‘I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me will live, even though they die; and whoever lives by believing in me will never die.’ (John 11: 25)
This week we give thanks for:
- New life that we enjoy because of the sacrifice of Christ. Forgive us when we are tempted to slip back to old ways; to live independently of the guiding of the Spirit.
Please pray for:
- All who are able to attend, or watch on line, church services this Easter, that they may be touched in some way by the love of God.
- All involved in the Taiwan rail disaster: for the families of those who have died, for the injured and for the rescuers looking for survivors.
- Caution and the continued observance of distancing rules, common sense and personal responsibility from us all as restrictions start easing and people are now able to meet in small groups.
- Our young people as, during the Easter holiday, they reflect on their first few weeks back at school and college.
- A connection with God through His gift of creation: for our gardens and outside spaces and for the hope of enjoying them during this Spring and Summer.
- Our Church family, especially all who are unwell or grieving; and for Joan, Gilly, Barbara, Hazel, Edith, Graham, Jane, Peter, Sheila and Pat; in our wider church, Ruth, Joan, Helen, Sharon, Meaghan.
- All of us as we celebrate the familiar story of Jesus’ resurrection and may we be surprised again by His presence in our midst.